Most of us have situations where we feel anxious, whether it’s boarding an airplane or giving a presentation at work. While you may be able to avoid such situations, it feels better to face them head-on so you have a better control of your own destiny. It’s especially important if you’re fearful of the dentist, because avoiding routine care can result in poor dental health.
Overcoming dental anxiety is important so you can:
- Keep your teeth and gums healthy
- Address small dental problems before they become larger ones
- Help your family members enjoy healthy relationships with the dentist
- Increase your overall self-confidence
Our Peabody, MA dentists are gentle, never judgmental! If you’re anxious or even scared to go to the dentist, they’ll help you overcome your unease. You can even get dental sedation if you need it. Call us at 978-705-6051 to book a stress-free appointment and help you relieve dental anxiety.
Knowing You’re in Good Hands Helps Ease Anxiety
The list of professional organizations our four dentists belong to is long and includes:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- North Shore District Dental Society
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantology
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
Thanks to their advanced training and years of practicing dentistry, you can trust them to handle situations from routine dental exams to dental emergencies. Dr. John Argeros is a diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry. That is an honor bestowed upon only a few hundred dentists in the world. Dr. Stephen Sozanski is an endodontist, a specialty held by less than 3 percent of dentists.
Stay Relaxed With Dental Sedation
For lengthy or complicated procedures or any situation where you feel especially nervous, you can choose to receive intravenous (IV) sedation. You’ll remain in a sleeplike state throughout your procedure for maximum comfort. Our experienced anesthesia team will monitor you the entire time. Because you’ll feel groggy after your procedure, you’ll need to arrange a ride home.