Spring officially begins in a few weeks, and for most of us, it cannot come soon enough. Winter in Massachusetts can be rough, and this year was no exception. It’s easy to start daydreaming about warmer weather and everything you get to do during spring and summer.
But is your smile ready?
After spending so much time indoors, you can forget how much you use your smile during the warmer months. From weddings where you need to smile for pictures to protecting damaged teeth while you’re physically active, you need dentistry in Peabody, MA to prepare for the near future.
Time For A Cleaning & Exam
There’s a good reason why “spring cleaning” is a thing people do each year. It’s easy to remember that, once spring hits, you need to give your home a good cleaning. It’s not like you cannot clean in winter, but spring helps you remember.
That’s why spring is a great time for dental spring cleaning. Everyone needs a cleaning and exam every six months. Why? Because your teeth and gums are always under attack by harmful bacteria. These cause problems like cavities, gum disease, and worse. But these problems start out small, and if caught soon enough, they can be treated more easily (and less expensively). Getting regular checkups means you can spot problems early.
Plus, many dental problems are difficult to spot. Sure, that cracked tooth is probably all too easy to see! But most cavities are impossible to notice unless you have the right training and technology. The same is true for gum disease, worn enamel, and more.
Our dentists know your schedule is tight, which is why Contemporary Dentistry & Implantology is open on evenings and even Saturdays. This way, you and your whole family can get the cleanings and exams needed to get your smile ready for spring and summer.
Smile For The Picture!
Speaking of which, these months are when many people hold big events. Weddings, graduations, family reunions, and vacations often happen in the warmer months because the weather is so nice.
That means you’ll be smiling in a lot of pictures people will want to see and share often. Are you ready for everyone to see your stained, damaged teeth? Are your gums making you a bit embarrassed? This is exactly why cosmetic dentistry treatments exist. Here are some of the procedures you can get:
- Professional Teeth Whitening: Years of drinking coffee or wine can leave your pearly whites looking brown and dull. Only a dentist can deliver professional-strength teeth whitening so your smile is bright and ready for the camera.
- Dental Veneers: These shells are tough but natural-looking. Once shaped and placed on the front of your teeth, any stains or blemishes are completely hidden. When you smile, your teeth will look amazing.
- Tooth Bonding: While this treatment does not last as long as dental veneers, it’s more affordable and does a similar job. A tooth-colored resin is expertly applied to your teeth, filling in chips or cracks and covering stains at the same time.
- Gum Treatments: Don’t forget about your gums! If your smile is mostly gums, then gummy smile treatments can show more of your teeth. If you have the opposite problem, gum recession treatment can help create the right balance between gum tissues and teeth.
And since people travel so much during spring and summer, you might be sharing a room with someone. Do you snore loudly most nights? If so, you may have a condition called sleep apnea. To help you (and the other person) get a good night’s rest, you can get sleep apnea treatment at our dental office.
Being Active & Safe
One of the great things about spring and summer is going outside and doing something. Between running, playing sports, or just going to the shore, you need strong teeth to protect against injuries when active and eating summer foods like corn-on-the-cob. Here are a few ways our team can help get your smile strong enough for being active:
- Dental Crowns: These caps are made to look and feel like a real tooth. Once placed over your damaged one, they seal up the problems so they do not get any worse. Plus, they add a layer of protection to make the tooth more durable. Dental crowns can even be used to replace lost teeth.
- Root Canals: Bacteria can slip past enamel and infect the inside of your tooth. This slowly weakens it, making it more prone to chips and cracks. By removing the infection with a root canal treatment, you can help make that tooth strong and healthy once more.
- Fillings, Inlays, and Onlays: Cavities are the most common way a tooth gets weaker and at a higher risk for damage from injuries. A traditional filling will fix this, but inlays and onlays work great when the cavity is on the biting surface. All three treatments can be matched to that tooth’s color, so they will also blend in with your smile.
- Dental Implants: Are you already missing a tooth thanks to a sports injury? Then a long-lasting dental implant will replace that tooth. This way, you can help keep your jawbone healthy as well as make sure your other teeth don’t move.
- Dental Bridges: Not everyone can get a dental implant, so if your bone is too thin or weak to hold onto it, you can still restore your smile with a dental bridge. This uses a dental crown as a replacement, but it is bonded to the two neighboring teeth.
Call Us Today
You know how time flies, so don’t wait to get dental treatments. Call us today at 978-705-6051 or use our online form to schedule your next visit before spring and summer arrive. You need dentistry in Peabody, MA to prepare your smile for everything that goes on in the warmer months.